Android Newbie - HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. b830ag2

b830ag2 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

After most of the guys in my office got a HTC Desire and kept raving about it, I decided to take the plunge, and upgrade my Orange PAYG Nokia N82 and get a HTC Desire on a 24-month Orange Contract.

I must say I am very impressed! Excellent phone and the operating system so much slicker than the Symbian on the N82. Fantastic.

Only had the phone 3 days and had a few niggles, so spending a fair few hours on forums and google and the like. Had an issue with the Contacts directory not showing the numbers i'd input for the contact. Did a hard reset in the end, after deleting all contacts and now putting them in manually...seems to be working now. Also, my Market didn't download any apps, got stuck on 'starting download' and hung there. THanks to this forum, finally worked out it was due to a googlemail / gmail conflict. Sorted that in the end. Got another problem now though, so thought I'd join to tap into the knowledge bank here.

Anyway, hello all, and I'm sure I'll be using this site quite frequently from now on, if not to help out with problems, then to get tips on using Androind.

Cheers,
    Andy

Advertisement
  2. solo170

solo170 Active Member

Welcome!, im fairly new to android too and loving it so far.
    lots of good info here.
    happy browsing

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!