Android Newbie ?s for my HTC Incredible: charger, SD card, app storageGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 20, 2010
    So, I get this awesome phone yesterday and I'm LOVIN' it. I'm coming from WinMo (TP2) and this phone is leaps and bounds above it. I just have a couple of questions as an Android Newbie:

Various previous posts said that regular USB chargers were compatible with this phone. That's not so. The end that goes into the phone is not like any regular USB charger on the market. I was under the impression that I would not have to buy a new car charger, but I see that I do. I can use my current USB wall or travel charger with my TP2, my ancient razr, and my digital camera. It will not fit the Incredible.

I bought an 8GB SD card, but I'm returning it for the car charger since the phone came with the 2GB card. I installed several apps from the Android Market, but they are on the phone's memory. Nothing (not even app info) went to the SD card. So, what's the purpose of installing the card??? I installed Astro File Manager (don't know how the heck to use it) to see this. I'm lost with app storage.

Lastly (for now), what's all this mount/unmount business when connecting your phone to a PC to transfer files or back-up contacts?

Someone please help because I'm loving this phone. I just want to understand the operating system better. Thanks in advance!