• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Newbster.

My name is Chase, and I just made a SUPER impulsive HTC EVO pre-order. I've been all into windows mobile for the past couple years, with an HTC Mogul (6800) and then a Touch Pro. Loved em both, and ALMOST got a Touch Pro 2 a few months ago. I always liked Android, as three of my co-workers have android phones but was afraid to make the switch. I know WM pretty well, and I'm comfortable playing with it, and I especially liked my wireless tethering with WMwifirouter (which I shelled out $30 for, and was WELL worth it).
SO once I saw there were tethering options for android phones I had no excuse left NOT to get it, so I went down to radioshack and preordered it about an hour ago. I'm not gonna root it right away of course... I want to be very comfortable with it before I do that. But it seems internet will be so rich with that browser that I won't need to hook my computer up to it for a while.
Looking forward to getting my new phone and KNOW I'll love Android!! Screw you Microsoft!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones