Android notification rington help.. PLEASE

Last Updated:

1. Tiffany623

Tiffany623 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just recently bought a Cricket Android phone. I have no idea on how to change the message ringtone to a song. It will only let me pick out of a standard tone. I read some forums and other people had wrote, add new folders to the sd folder. I have no idea on how to do that. I plugged in my usb cabled and I have a option of view file and folders. Please help. Best details required. I am new and have no idea of what im doing. Thanks. Greatly appreciated....

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

If you are on a Windows PC it's just like creating directory folders in Windows. Use your file manager app and select the drive letter of the mobile phone. Right click in the file space and select New Folder. Name the folder Ringtones (or something specifically appropriate to your phone). Copy the MP3 files you want as ringtones into that folder (they should be 30 seconds or less in length) and disconnect your USB cable.

According to the FAQ's on the Huawei web site (since you didn't specify which Android phone I'm assuming the Huawei Ascend), you can set a file as a ringtone by long pressing it in the phones file manager and selecting "use as ringtone", From the music player, long press on the song and select "use as ringtone", or while playing the song, hit the menu button and select "use as ringtone".

3. Mscheli305

Mscheli305 Member

I tried this and its telling me I need permission???