• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android numbers instead of day and month

Deinstalled diverse apps. Did not help. May be bad code in one of the apps, or some kind of mini crash. Is there a deep code to change the day and month back to the way it was?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-06-06~01.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-06-06~01.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0
How dates are displayed is determined by a combination of the system preferences (Settings > Date and Time and look for an option to specify the date format) and the preferences of the app that's doing the display (which may use or override the system preference). In this case the app seems to be your homescreen clock widget.

I'd check the system Settings first, then the settings of your default clock app.

Upvote 0
Not the preference in the app. As the day and month is displaying incorrect in every app that displays month and day. Looks like a systems setting which has now been changed. Unfortunately I cannot find a location to change it back. You can change the display order but not the configuration of a day for a number.

Upvote 0
So it sounds like the system defaults have been changed, and the apps are set to use the default or don't have another option.

Funny thing is that I have the options to specify text or number as well as the order in Settings > Date & Time > Choose date format. Different phone of course, but it seems odd that you don't have that setting yet somehow something has changed it.

Which app did you install that changed this setting? Just wondering whether it has an option in its settings to set it back.

Upvote 0
The two apps I installed / were updated at the time the system changes took place were
1. SubLoader
and
2. Zero Launcher.
The first is a subtitle downloader, so i do not expect that this would change a system setting.
The second is a launcher and the changes it mentions that the posibiliy of choosing between farenheit and celcius is toegevoegd. Perhaps this has also carried out the system change.. :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones