Android on WM devices?

Last Updated:

1. Cod3r

Cod3r New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey. I'm in a search for a new phone and since there are no official Android phones in my country (not counting HTC Magic), is there a way to install Android on other HTC, Windows Mobile powered devices?

Not a beta or something, the real thing, web browser and store, with working Android apps. I saw some things that it is possible, but can somebody give me some more info?

Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section, I can't really find my way around the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. johnkzin

johnkzin Well-Known Member

xda-developer or xda-hackers was doing ports of early android releases to things like the AT&T Tilt (an HTC device), and I think they have other information for putting android on other HTC devices. But I don't think they look past HTC.

Hope someone else has a better catalog of sites that are doing this type of Android port.

3. piperthedj

piperthedj Member

PPCGEEKS.com and serch for android. there are many users and developers that can help on a multitude of devices.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

XDA was doing it, and I think for the HTC Touch it is fully functional. Beyond that I don't think they have it working with any other devices.

5. AndroidHero

AndroidHero Member

update!! I have finally got it working on my Touch Pro!

there are many more working devices such as the Touch diamond and touch pro! check connect-utb.com and my thread about my trouble with getting my touch pro to work lol