• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android OS being top battery eater

Have you tried taking the battery out for 60 seconds and then putting it back in? It's my understanding that this does a bit more than just a restart.

charged at 90%.. removed the battery for 5 minutes..

same issue . . . this was this morning. . .

now, battery is at 57% .. took some videos this morning . . .

Android OS at 26% being TOP.. followed by the screen. . .

Upvote 0
I have no way of knowing how Android-savvy you are so forgive me if I mention something you already know. But I found out on my first Android phone that in my over-zealous attempts to conserve battery power, I was inadvertently creating issues. I used Juice Defender to turn off stuff I didn't think I needed in a vain attempt to preserve battery. I had all sorts of connectivity issues, not realizing at the time that features like MMS require mobile data in order to work.

It just seemed that when I left stuff alone, it worked better. ;)

Now I'd love to leave the screen on full bright all day long, have multiple hours of phone, email and messaging use and still end up the day with 90% power left. However, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

I don't even worry about it anymore, especially since I began using Waze where-ever I drive. I just plug the phone in and keep it charged and never have any battery use issues. So what if I end the day with 38% instead of 92% power remaining?

And if at some point in the future my battery decides it doesn't like frequent charges, I'll just buy another battery and go on about my day. ;)

Upvote 0
The battery usage in android phones continues to baffle me. Last week I noticed a big increase in drain during standby and looking at wakelock detector,my phone was awake around 80% of the time. Switched it off and on again and for the past two days it's been awake less than 20% of the time and I've been getting 4hours+ screen time on my s4. Very odd

Upvote 0
brought it to the Samsung service center in our place. . . staff recommends leaving the unit to them for further checking. ..(that's the other customers are doing)

they have no means of just checking the battery at once. .. have no phone/apps backup yet.. I was hoping that this issue of mine is just of the 4.3 update.. and hope to be fixed .. by just the fix :(

not by leaving my phone :(

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on my Sprint S4 after the 4.3 update, along with "WIFI unstable" message and suddenly dropped calls with occasionally bad call quality. This is pre the MK2 fix.

I just got notified of MK2 and am downloading it now. I never had WIFI issues before the initial 4.3 update, and my battery NEVER died, now it seems to die in about half the time even if I hardly use it. Has to be because of the 4.3 update. Hoping MK2 fixes it, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones