1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Android OS is draining battery

1. laughlady99

laughlady99 New Member

Our droid phones just downloaded a huge update a few weeks ago. That is the only thing that has changed on my phone in the last month, and all of a sudden my battery started dying really quick (within a few hours). I thought maybe I needed a new battery, but that didn't solve the problem. I've been trying to figure out why it's dying so fast, and have determined it is because the ANDROID OS is using too much battery, it is only at around 2 or 4 % on everyone elses droid phone that I know, and mine has started running between 80 and 95%. I know this is the problem because just yesterday it all of a sudden went down to 2% and the phone lasted all day and all night without dying. Then today it spiked back up above 80% and died within 2 hours. I can not figure out why it's doing this, like I said I haven't changed anything except that new update to the phone. I've been trying everything I can find online thats suggested like killing everything that is running, using task killers, I uninstalled my email and tons of programs, so far nothing has helped.

Has anyone else had this problem? I would like to try anything and everything before doing the factory reset, which I'm not convinced yet will solve the problem, it might but it will be a pain to set everything up again, I'd like to know what the problem is in the first place! grr..

Advertisement
  2. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

My battery life has been better. Try using Battery Calibration app to recalibrate your battery.
  3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

Sounds like a rogue app to me...
  4. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Plenty of people use it. 4.5 stars out of 2,000+ votes. A dev (RevNumbers) who releases the unofficial CM7 recommended it so I gave it a shot. Seems to work fine for me.
  5. laughlady99

laughlady99 New Member

I will check it out, thanks!
  6. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

Sounds like you should get your facts straight before making a lousy comment...
    biggiesmalls657 likes this.
  7. quickaudi

Lousy, huh? That's interesting, because when I had the exact same issue, i.e., had Android OS shown as my biggest user, it was because an app was utilizing wake lock.

Any other wonderfully inspiring comments?
  8. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

One to get your morning started right: Nine months before your birthday is the anniversary of your conception.
  9. quickaudi

Only technically, as babies can be born anywhere in the 36 to 40 week range, so that could be up to a month off.
  10. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

I thought you were referring to the 'Battery Calibration' app posted, and saying it was a rogue app. My mistake, I apologize.
  11. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Because THAT was the point I was trying to make when I said it; not planting the idea of your parents doing the no pants dance.
  12. quickaudi

NP
  13. quickaudi

They still maintain that I was hatched and am the offspring of some hermaphrodite animals that were never seen again...

Lol