Android OS not supported on website

Last Updated:

1. eghosh

eghosh New Member This Topic's Starter

When trying to access some websites from HTC hero phone I get the following:
    sorry but only the following operating systems are supported at this time: Microsoft Windows XP Vista Apple mac Please check soon for support for other operating systems.

Is there a workaround to view these sites using HTC hero?

Advertisement
  2. troyboytn

troyboytn Well-Known Member

are you running the browser in mobile mode? if not try the sites in standard desktop mode or vice versa. just an idea....cant hurt to try

3. eghosh

How to run it in standard desktop mode from HTC hero?

4. troyboytn

troyboytn Well-Known Member

while in the browser go to menu>more>settings>and uncheck mobile view. this will show pages in full desktop view as you would see on your pc. the only drawback is that it might take pages a bit longer to load

5. natrixgli

natrixgli Active Member

Welcome to the world of Linux. Get used to it. I've been using Linux as my only OS for over 5 years now. It's a lot better than it used to be, but ActiveX still has it's grubby tentacles in a lot of lazy developers' websites.

-n8

6. eghosh

Does this mean that I will not be able to view these websites because Android is Linux. I tried to use the desktop mode for browser but did not work. Any suggestion is appreciated.
    Can I use another browser on HTC Hero that supports flash and Active X?

7. natrixgli

natrixgli Active Member

It's not so much that it IS Linux as that it's NOT Windows. And no, ActiveX only runs on Windows / Internet Explorer. If the site requires it, I'm afraid you're SOL.

Like I said, it's all about lazy developers taking shortcuts and taking Microsoft's market share for granted.

-n8