Android OS upgrade for LG Eve !!!!

1. drowned.rat

drowned.rat Active Member

LGCanada tweeted about 4 hours ago the following:

"LG will release an upgrade to Android 1.6 OS for the LG Eve this Spring for Rogers customers. (Available for download on Rogers/LG websites."

Advertisement
    :
    zkerr, nana84 and davidomackay like this.
  2. zunnun

zunnun Member

Finally !!! why not 2.x ?!!!
  3. britbloke

britbloke Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a shame it's not 2.X but beggars can't be choosers! Hopefully we'll get a cooked version of 2.0 from Zacpod.
  4. dufourjm

dufourjm Member

I am half happy !

Since Adobe will issue Flash only for 2.1 and not for older versions... I guess we will stay behind everybody else for a while...

What a pity Rogers....
  5. largecharge

largecharge Well-Known Member

i hope 1.6 you can voice dial from b/t device and correct the wav file issue. one can hope ??
  6. britbloke

I've been using the iphone for a few years now and I don't miss Flash on the phone. TBH, I don't think the Eve would have the horsepower to show Flash in a usable way.
  7. dufourjm

dufourjm Member

I am also not sure about the "horsepower" to handle it... Some video sites REQUIRE a Flash player but Flash is only one thing among all the reasons I am half happy with this upgrade to 1.6. The version 1.6 is getting kind of old in a world where new versions get published every few months.

But I guess it is better than nothing that is why I say that I am "half" happy but I am a bit disapointed at the same time...
  8. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I think they should just put out the latest one for the eve, by the time spring comes there will be many more updates, and after months of waiting we will get 1.6 and everyone else will be running 2.?? They said spring for the update so why not 2.1? This way we will be getting a almost current OS and will not be so far behind, I will feel like I am running Windows 98 and everyone else is running XP. LOL
  9. britbloke

Somebody out there likes you! According to the LG booth at the MWC in Barcelona, 2.1 is coming to the GW620 "in the next few weeks".

Link.
  10. homeslice976

homeslice976 Member

yea but then this was posted right after that pointing here basically saying "sorry, this was a misunderstanding between us and LG. 2.1 isn't gonna happen" at least that's basically what i got from google translator
  11. britbloke

Yup, just saw that too. :(

Oh well, 1.6 is a great gateway into getting 2.0 running as the kernel is the same, so less tweaking for the experts.
  12. triki

triki Member

I just spoke with LG today and the tech I spoke with said the 1.6 update was supposed to be out at the beginning of April but didn't happen, so hopefully by the end of this month or early May. <fingers crossed>
  13. britbloke

Thanks for the info. Did you speak with LG Canada?
  14. triki

triki Member

yes I spoke with LG Canada :)
  15. cwhchew

cwhchew New Member

16. triki

triki Member

17. AmazonAnnie

AmazonAnnie Well-Known Member

I have been copying stuff about the Eve for about a month now before I bought the phone and I noticed on another site (not sure which one, sorry) that said the following:
    "Just a quick note - in another of the Android developers forums the hackers are quite convinced that they'll have a functional android 2.0 for the Eve within a couple of months! BUT!! IMPORTANT!! YOU MUST NOT UPGRADE TO 1.6 if you plan to use their hack to upgrade to 2.0. This is because the "secret code" to get to the root menu seems to have changed between 1.5 and 1.6, so you wont be able to hack 1.6 until someone leaks that code...
    Just a heads-up :) "

Not sure if that is correct or not but I think I will hold off for a while on the upgrade until I can find more information.

~Annie
  18. britbloke

The code for the 1.6 that's out there now has been found. It's on the XDA Wiki.
  19. triki

triki Member

Alrighty I just got off the phone with LG canada support and I was told that 1.6 will be released by the end of spring and he also told me that the EVE will not get an update past 1.6 due to the fact that there is not enough internal memory for anything over 1.6. Now, that seems a little weird to me since guys here have been able to get 2.0 running, minus some driver issues. Is this true or is this tech blowing smoke up my *#@ ?
  20. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I hope they release at least 1.6 for this phone as my gf uses it and even though its not my Desire... It still should get 1.6 on it.
  21. Wolfchild

Wolfchild Member

I think some phones from other brands with less internal memory have 2.1 on them, but I might be wrong...
  22. LovelyLiisa

LovelyLiisa New Member

Hello, I also bought LG GW620 and Im waitind android update. Atm when I bought it, it has 1.6 on it, but Id really like to have 2.0 at least, so keyboard wud be faster and maybe the turning on the mobile, am = waiting for nothing or we do have a chance to get better/newer OS system??
  23. zombiej

zombiej New Member

they have 2.1 running pretty good right now on the eve there are a few bugs gps is flaky camera isn't working at the moment also some people have problems with the screen no tauto rotating properly but im sure with some updates it will be running smooth

check out the project page for more info

openetna - Project Hosting on Google Code
  24. LovelyLiisa

LovelyLiisa New Member

Ok, thanks...But atm I won't download it, it still has too man bugs. I have to just wait then :) But I'm really glad that they are working with that atm. Is there also releasing date?? So I can be aware :p
  25. bikbok

bikbok Well-Known Member

Are you absolutely sure it has 1.6?? I have recently plugged in my GW620, and it has not found any updates..