• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android OS upgrade for LG Eve !!!!

I am half happy !

Since Adobe will issue Flash only for 2.1 and not for older versions... I guess we will stay behind everybody else for a while...

What a pity Rogers....
I've been using the iphone for a few years now and I don't miss Flash on the phone. TBH, I don't think the Eve would have the horsepower to show Flash in a usable way.

Upvote 0
I've been using the iphone for a few years now and I don't miss Flash on the phone. TBH, I don't think the Eve would have the horsepower to show Flash in a usable way.

I am also not sure about the "horsepower" to handle it... Some video sites REQUIRE a Flash player but Flash is only one thing among all the reasons I am half happy with this upgrade to 1.6. The version 1.6 is getting kind of old in a world where new versions get published every few months.

But I guess it is better than nothing that is why I say that I am "half" happy but I am a bit disapointed at the same time...

Upvote 0
I think they should just put out the latest one for the eve, by the time spring comes there will be many more updates, and after months of waiting we will get 1.6 and everyone else will be running 2.?? They said spring for the update so why not 2.1? This way we will be getting a almost current OS and will not be so far behind, I will feel like I am running Windows 98 and everyone else is running XP. LOL

Upvote 0
I think they should just put out the latest one for the eve, by the time spring comes there will be many more updates, and after months of waiting we will get 1.6 and everyone else will be running 2.?? They said spring for the update so why not 2.1? This way we will be getting a almost current OS and will not be so far behind, I will feel like I am running Windows 98 and everyone else is running XP. LOL
Somebody out there likes you! According to the LG booth at the MWC in Barcelona, 2.1 is coming to the GW620 "in the next few weeks".

Link.

Upvote 0
Somebody out there likes you! According to the LG booth at the MWC in Barcelona, 2.1 is coming to the GW620 "in the next few weeks".

Link.

yea but then this was posted right after that pointing here basically saying "sorry, this was a misunderstanding between us and LG. 2.1 isn't gonna happen" at least that's basically what i got from google translator

Upvote 0
yea but then this was posted basically saying "sorry, this was a misunderstanding between us and LG. 2.1 isn't gonna happen" at least that's basically what i got from google translator
Yup, just saw that too. :(

Oh well, 1.6 is a great gateway into getting 2.0 running as the kernel is the same, so less tweaking for the experts.

Upvote 0
I have been copying stuff about the Eve for about a month now before I bought the phone and I noticed on another site (not sure which one, sorry) that said the following:
"Just a quick note - in another of the Android developers forums the hackers are quite convinced that they'll have a functional android 2.0 for the Eve within a couple of months! BUT!! IMPORTANT!! YOU MUST NOT UPGRADE TO 1.6 if you plan to use their hack to upgrade to 2.0. This is because the "secret code" to get to the root menu seems to have changed between 1.5 and 1.6, so you wont be able to hack 1.6 until someone leaks that code...
Just a heads-up :) "

Not sure if that is correct or not but I think I will hold off for a while on the upgrade until I can find more information.

~Annie

Upvote 0
This is because the "secret code" to get to the root menu seems to have changed between 1.5 and 1.6, so you wont be able to hack 1.6 until someone leaks that code...
Just a heads-up :) "

Not sure if that is correct or not but I think I will hold off for a while on the upgrade until I can find more information.

~Annie
The code for the 1.6 that's out there now has been found. It's on the XDA Wiki.

Upvote 0
Alrighty I just got off the phone with LG canada support and I was told that 1.6 will be released by the end of spring and he also told me that the EVE will not get an update past 1.6 due to the fact that there is not enough internal memory for anything over 1.6. Now, that seems a little weird to me since guys here have been able to get 2.0 running, minus some driver issues. Is this true or is this tech blowing smoke up my *#@ ?

Upvote 0
Alrighty I just got off the phone with LG canada support and I was told that 1.6 will be released by the end of spring and he also told me that the EVE will not get an update past 1.6 due to the fact that there is not enough internal memory for anything over 1.6. Now, that seems a little weird to me since guys here have been able to get 2.0 running, minus some driver issues. Is this true or is this tech blowing smoke up my *#@ ?

I think some phones from other brands with less internal memory have 2.1 on them, but I might be wrong...

Upvote 0
Hello, I also bought LG GW620 and Im waitind android update. Atm when I bought it, it has 1.6 on it, but Id really like to have 2.0 at least, so keyboard wud be faster and maybe the turning on the mobile, am = waiting for nothing or we do have a chance to get better/newer OS system??

Are you absolutely sure it has 1.6?? I have recently plugged in my GW620, and it has not found any updates..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones