android os

Last Updated:

1. copydoc

copydoc New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 3, 2010
    I have an HTC PRO TOUCH 2 from sprint. Imgoing crazy becouse I have not been able to find Android os for my phone. Can anybody help with a link. Im not a master at this yet ,but i understand it. Need a link with simple info. to download android os with easy instructions. Any hwlp will buch appreciated.:confused:

2. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Unfortunately, there isn't really an "easy" and "simple" way to do this. Although between these links the installation guide is pretty detailed. Hope this helps.

Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 - PPCGeeks

Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 Rhodium Updated 5-20-2010 - PPCGeeks

What's Working
    GPS Somewhat
    Navigation buttons, refer to the FAQ for details
    CDMA Radio: Phone calls, SMS
    CDMA Data: Sprint and Verizon for sure. USCC needs a workaround for now, refer to the FAQ. Others I haven't gotten latest reports on.
    Earpiece/mic (only for phone calls)
    WiFi (Networks with WEP encryption do not work, unprotected and WPA networks are fine)
    Hardware Keyboard, works for most all devices
    Backlight control: turn off auto-dimming in WinMo if you want it to work
    Charging for the most part. Battery meter and temp readings not 100%
    Battery status, the battery meter is working but the calculations aren't proper. So it will show a status but won't be 100% proper by any means.
    Power management: Definitely a work in progress, don't expect more than maybe 8 hours on a charge.
    Charging, with latest kernel, they have updated the vbus settings to see power applied and show proper charging status. As mentioned though the meter isn't 100% so I don't know that it will shut off charging so don't leave hooked up for extended periods would be my recommendation.
    GSensor. Works fine for games, but for standard desktop usage it is quirky, so best to disable Auto Rotation, refer to FAQ. But it will always rotate for you when you slide the keyboard open, so no loss.
    Hardware 3D accel, iffy, but does work, but does cause some things not to. Refer to FAQ for how to enable.
    GPS works for the most part but is a little unstable currently but progress is constantly being made.
    Not Working Currently
    External Speaker Sound (music, ringtones, etc.)
    Full Speakerphone, External Speaker works in-call but Mice doesn't currently
    USB Mass Storage
    MMS, at least that I have heard, I haven't tried myself.
    Proper battery meter, it won't show you your battery life properly as mentioned above. Work in progress.
    Proper charging, again, as mentioned above, works, but wouldn't trust leaving plugged in till the meter is functioning properly.
    Battery temperature readings. Not calculated properly just yet.
    copydoc likes this.
  3. copydoc

copydoc New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 3, 2010
    Now that I have Eclair on my HTC is there a place where I can get updates and possiablly get those things working proprerly?