Android-Outlook to Gmail calender warning

Last Updated:

1. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got the new Moto Droid which is spectacular. The Gmail sync with Outlook is brilliant. My old HTC Windows Mobile that held 87 appointments for the next year was synced with Windows Outlook which was then sent to my Gmail calender. The Droid automatically listed all appointments seamlessly.

When I listed my HTC on Ebay, I had to clear all contacts and appointments. This is very labor intensive to do on the phone one by one. I synced the HTC with Outlook and erased all info on the old HTC. I did not think much of it when a window popped up indicating that my Gmail calender would erase these items too and IIRC I clicked OK.

A funny thing happened the next day when I plugged the Droid into the computer. The auto sync with the Gmail calender updated my Droid calender with the newly erased Gmail calender. It erased every appointment on the Droid as the calender auto transferred :eek:.

After I changed my undershorts, I was able to restore the Doid by going to Outlook "deleted items", move them back to the calender folder in Outlook, sync with Gmail, and finally sync with the Droid again.

Advertisement
  2. stoggy

stoggy Active Member

But isn't windows easy? I think that guy on the commercial came up with that idea.

3. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member

Why didnt you just hard reset the HTC?

4. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

It did exactly as it was suppose to do when sync'ed up. The device usually (by default) loses when synced with the outlook calendar...

5. II Kings 9:20

Because I am an idiot.

6. II Kings 9:20

Exactly, but the point is to be careful if your Gmail calender changes and you don't realize it so will your phone calender. Some have 2 Gmail accounts to get around this.