• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android PC Kickstarter raises $1.6 mil.

elwin15208

Jun 5, 2010
A Kickstarter to fund the production of "the world's first true Android PC" started with with a goal of $50,000. Pledges surpassed that number within hours, and by the time the campaign ended (August 29th, I think), nearly 22,000 backers had pledged $1.6 million.

The Remix Mini runs on Remix OS, a custom version of Lollipop. On the hardware side, it comes with either 1GB RAM and 8GB of storage, or 2GB/16GB; expandable via both USB and microSD. It also has ethernet and HDMI ports, along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. All in a curvy little case measuring 1" x 3.5" x 4.9".

And priced at $50 or less.

I have wanted to run Android on a PC for years, so although I missed the opportunity to pledge, when I saw that I could still reserve a Remix Mini on the Kickstarter site, I did. Can hardly wait to try it out!

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones