Android PDA?

Last Updated:

1. x^2

x^2 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I was wondering if Google had any plans of releasing an Android enabled PDA. I have a few friends with the G1 and I really like the Andriod operating system. Are there any plans to release a PDA with the Android operating system installed? I know people have hacked the Dell Axims to run Android, but it isn't fully functional and doesn't take advantage of all of Androids features. I'd get the G1, but I don't want to pay a monthly cell phone fee (I'd much rather use the features on a wireless network).

Thanks,
    x^2

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

There have been no official announcements but considering device makers can get a free OS I see no reason to expect there won't be a slew of "AndroidTouch" type devices very soon.

3. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see someone wearing a Garmin watch the other day at work, which had me asking myself "will there ever be Android wrist watches?"

4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Microsoft did it with SPOT so certainly I could see an Android everywhere type of experience. With appliances talking, and energy being saved and dvr's being turned on. A free OS that has the backing of large companies means a universal language for all things electronic at least that's a direction I could see.