• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Phone 7 Theme

Thanks for figuring out the dimensions for the Droid X
Do these sizes work on the Droid X with the notification bar hidden?

Unfortunately, I'm unable at the moment to select & highlight the widgets. I downloaded the free version of LP to add these, and they lock as if I'm trying to resize them when I highlight them (resizing is only available in the Plus version). But I'll still post the screens so you can see how they look so far. It would look a little better if the gaps were narrower, but it still looks fine like this. Definitely useable.

New DroidX icons available! Scroll down to the posts!

Dimensions for images using Desktop Visualizer and LauncherPro with a 4-column/5-row setup for a screen resolution of 480x854 (DroidX, etc.).

1x2: 110x282
1x3: 110x428
1x4: 110x574
2x1: 230x136
3x1: 350x136
4x1: 470x136
4x4: 470x574
Large (3x3): 350x428
Middle (2x2): 230x282
Small (1x1): 110x136

All dimensions are in pixels, width by height.

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwcaton

Update : Figured out the text box thing. Now all i need is some quality pics and I'm in business. thanks again for your work.

How'd you do it?

Well the way I did it was to uncheck the background and then you get the grey and white squares on the screen . Used the squares as my guide. If I made the text box 3 squares high , I made them 3 squares high on al of them.

I am not very technical so I hope this makes some sense . This was my first time using PS and trying this

Upvote 0
How'd you do it?

TJTHEBEST,

First you need an image editor. I used Adobe Photoshop for all of my images. The easy thing to do is to download the 30-day free trial of Photoshop (Adobe Photoshop Download), and then download my template files:

DROID Incredible Android 7 Photoshop Templates

DroidX Photoshop PSD Templates for Desktop Visualizer

If you need help on how to create images and resize images, please look through earlier posts of this thread. Everything is explained in great detail.

Needless to say, however, if you have any questions, please ask.

Upvote 0
This is my Home ;D

I have 5 customized pages, my home page is the 3rd one.

CLICK FOR WIDE IMAGE OF THEM
desktop2ql.png
And this is my Drawer:

drawer2.png

I have the 3D effect so it looks like im scrolling in 3D

Upvote 0
For those users that have Gimp and would like templates for their icons, I've taken the liberty of converting paulmz's Photoshop templates to Gimp templates. Basically, I replaced the "TEXT" Layer with a TEXT Layer that Gimp understands natively. I also saved all the files as native Gimp files (XCF).

Download the ZIP File here.

PS...Paulmz, can you take a look at your 2x1 template please? All the layers have been merged together. It doesn't allow for the TEXT to be changed. I recreated the 2x1 icon in XCF format so maybe you can just use that to make things easier. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for figuring out the dimensions for the Droid X
Do these sizes work on the Droid X with the notification bar hidden?

md88,

The sizes will still work, but the vertical spacing will be off a couple of pixels per row. I don't think I've had the chance to figure out the dimensions for the DroidX without the notification bar. If you want to post some full-size screenshots, I refigure the dimensions for the notification bar hidden.

Reactions: md88
Upvote 0
PS...Paulmz, can you take a look at your 2x1 template please? All the layers have been merged together. It doesn't allow for the TEXT to be changed. I recreated the 2x1 icon in XCF format so maybe you can just use that to make things easier. :)

Excedio,

I just checked the 2x1 (and the 1x2 in case it was a typo) and both of them are editable with separate layers in Photoshop. It must be a glitch with GIMP reading it.

Good work on transferring the files to XCF format for use in GIMP. I've been meaning to do that but didn't have the time. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Excedio,

I just checked the 2x1 (and the 1x2 in case it was a typo) and both of them are editable with separate layers in Photoshop. It must be a glitch with GIMP reading it.

Good work on transferring the files to XCF format for use in GIMP. I've been meaning to do that but didn't have the time. Thanks!

Hmmm...that's odd. Oh well. :D

Upvote 0
What would be the dimensions to get this on my Desire?

Would I be able to use Launcher Pro to fit the images onto it directly or resize in Photoshop?

Ta

According to HTC's site, the screen resolution for the Desire is 480 x 800, which is the same as the Incredible (the phone I own and what all of my original dimensions are based on). Just follow the instructions at the very beginning of the thread and you should be golden!

Android Phone 7 Theme

All of the images posted for the Incredible (or listed for devices with a 480x800 resolution) should work fine for your device:

Android 7 Icon Files

New Android 7 Icons

Android 7 Stocks Icons

Android 7 Icons by Excedio

Android 7 Icons by djbucksta

You shouldn't need to do any resizing with the icons available in this thread. Just make sure you have LauncherPro set to 5 rows instead of 4.

If you need any help, let us know!

Upvote 0
Look great, exactly what I was thinking lol

Re the images on desire, i'm using desktop visualizer but the icons / widgets are showing up really small and I can't get them to enlarge on Launcher Pro Plus like normal widgets can.

Any suggestions please?

choccy,

Post some screenshots so I can see what you're talking about.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Reactions: heyitsericc
Upvote 0
It looks like the Legend has a 320x480 resolution. I haven't created any icons for this resolution, yet. Dimensions for this resolution are listed here:

DROID Eris Desktop Visualizer Image Dimensions

Look through the rest of the thread for how to create the images. If you need help... just ask!

Haha, I don't want to make my own. I'm too lazy. Know where I can find pre-made icons the size perfect for my HTC Legend. I just tried some wrong sized images, but ressized them and they appear quite small on the actual phone compared to the pictures. I think I might stick with my Typo Clock, simple and fresh.

Upvote 0
Thanks man, so if I used those images, it wouldn't fit in my homescreen? I'm using LP Plus. Would it help if i increase the columns/rows or use the resize option?

You could try, but they are sized to fit screens with a resolution of at least 480x800. Give it a shot and post a screenshot or two. If they don't fit right, I'll work on revising the old icons I made before to fit the lower resolution.

Upvote 0
apheonixboy:

This looks good, but could you please do me a favor and downsize your image to 750-pixels wide or less. It stretches the thread too wide and forces horizontal scrolling.

Thanks!

Sorry for making the image too wide, It was one of my first posts and I didnt read your post till today. I havent logged in here in days and I just read it. :D

But thanks to who ever edited the post, and sorry once again :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones