• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Android Phone 7"

xxbrysonxx

Sep 20, 2010
Hey all, I don't know how many of your frequent the XDA-Developers forum, but I saw something there that I thought was cool and hadn't seen mention of it anywhere on this forum. If it has been posted I apologize but I did a quick search and it didn't turn anything up.

[Layout] Android Phone 7 (HDPI) - xda-developers

It's actually a really easy thing to do and I absolutely love the way that my phone's homescreen looks after making a few of my own tiles.

I've played around with photoshop a bit and come up with a few different "themes" of my own. I'm still trying to determine exactly how many tiles I want on my home screen so each theme has a different number of .PNGs in it. The one titled "Icon Theme" is the set I'm using right now and I am pretty pleased with it.

I may take another go at a Golf Theme this weekend now that I figured out how to get the tiles to line up a bit more smoothly.

I'm still open for other suggestions for other possible themes too, so if you have any ideas toss them out.

Here's the .ZIP file I uploaded with some of the icons I've made so far. Let me know what you think.

Icons.zip

Yeah, ive been keeping up with that post daily for about a week now.

1. Do you know the exact pixel number for the 1x2 and 3x1?
2. Did you have to convert anything else so that the pic doesnt look "smushed"? (lack of a better word)

3. How do you get the somewhat transparent bar across the photo?

Upvote 0
1. There are the image sizes I'm using for my Captivate with good results:
  • 1x1 = 110 x 122
  • 2x1 = 230 x 122
  • 3x1 = 350 x 122
  • 4x1 = 470 x 122
  • 1x2 = 110 x 254
  • 1x3 = 110 x 386
  • 1x4 = 110 x 518
  • 2x2 = 230 x 254
  • 3x3 = 350 x 386
  • 4x4 = 470 x 518

2. Not exactly sure what you're asking here. It is recommended to save the files as a .PNG rather than a .JPG in order to deter any possible compression issues that might negatively impact the sharpness of the image.

3. Pretty simple actually. It's just a matter of playing around with layers in Photoshop. Draw a completely black rectangle on top of the picture that you're wanting to use for an icon in a new layer, than adjust the opacity of that layer until it becomes as transparent as you'd like it to be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones