• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Phone Bricked? Help.

omegamoo

Lurker
Dec 10, 2011
I think I have a bricked phone. It won't start, it won't do anything at all. It happened right after school. I came home and was going to upload a video. I plugged it into my computer but the USB icon didn't pop up. I wasn't sure what was wrong. The phone seemed kind of laggy so I went to Advanced Task Killer to kill some processes. It force closed every time I clicked on it. So I turned off my phone and it hasn't turned on since. Whatever I do, it doesn't seem to work. I've done every combination of keys possible whether it was just the regular turn on or putting it in download mode etc. It kind of works when I press volume down+home+power (download mode). Like it will connect to the computer because I can hear the little sound it makes and Odin will verify that it's detected. As well, Kies will detect that it's attached but will can never connect properly. It says the USB driver wasn't installed properly. I tried flashing back to stock ROM with it connected but it won't work. I'm guessing it's because it won't show download mode at all. I'm not sure what to do right now. I don't want to send it back to Samsung in case they won't do anything since it's rooted. I actually rooted it yesterday though I doubt this it's the reason. Nothing happened for the entire day since I've rooted it so why brick now? It's a Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 running on 2.3.4. If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated.

So I've looked around and came to this conclusion. Odin can read the phone. The Yellow COM ID will pop up. But the actual Download mode image will not show. So can it still work? I tried it and apparently the USB is not recognized and to plug it into another port. Does it mean my phone won't work at all now? I don't want to send it back.

1) Download ADB (Google it...)
2) Connect your phone via USB
3) ADB is a DOS like thing, use the command "ADB Devices", of course without quotes
4) If it lists back something, that means your phone is still being detected as a USB device.
5) Use command "ADB REBOOT DOWNLOAD", it should force the phone to reboot in Download mode.

Post here if it worked for you or not.

Upvote 0
1) Download ADB (Google it...)
2) Connect your phone via USB
3) ADB is a DOS like thing, use the command "ADB Devices", of course without quotes
4) If it lists back something, that means your phone is still being detected as a USB device.
5) Use command "ADB REBOOT DOWNLOAD", it should force the phone to reboot in Download mode.

Post here if it worked for you or not.

Nope. I can still hear the beep from my computer indicating the device is connected but when I do adb devices it doesn't list any and when I input adb reboot download, it says: Error: Device not found.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones