Android phone syncing with a Mac

Last Updated:

1. mouse2146

mouse2146 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, I'm wanting to get a Droid Incredible when they are released. I'm new to the whole Android phenom. Currently, I have a Mac Book Pro and use Microsoft Entourage as my email, calender, contact software. I currently have a Motorola Q9c phone and use Missing Sync program to get my phone to sync.

I would like to be able to load music from Itunes, my contacts and calender from Entourage. Will I need a new program to do this?

Thanks in advance for reading this and thanks for the answer!

:)

Advertisement
  2. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Not to be rude but this has been ask several times,there is a search button up top that would provide any information needed but to answer your question yes you can try double twist and a couple other third party apps that will do this.you can search the others to see what's to your liking.

3. mouse2146

mouse2146 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. I must not have gotten the right combination of words. I will go look again.

4. BColl28967

BColl28967 Member

I've been using The Missing Sync for Music , but also backing up my SMS and Call Logs for business

Working good.

5. antikryst

antikryst Active Member

i actually use all apple apps. ical, address book, and mail. i got them all syncing 2 way without special software.

ical sync to google calendar via caldav
    address book to google contacts by just setting sync to google in preferences
    apple mail to gmail full 2 way imap syncing using this tutorial: Configuring Mail.app and iPhone with Google IMAP - blog.scottlowe.org - The weblog of an IT pro specializing in virtualization, storage, and servers

didnt bother with music sync since i have 35 gigs of music and i still need my ipod to carry all of that.

with what i have done... i dont even need to initiate a sync anymore. everything is done automatically via the google cloud! just suggesting this if you dont mind moving out of entourage (which i hated)

if you want software to do a full sync for everything... yeah missing sync may be the answer. used this for my palm centro before and it could sync itunes and iphoto as well.

6. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

maybe someone should write an app to sync to mac without the google servers

7. fradaner

fradaner New Member

I use multiple email addresses (yahoo, gmail and aol) at the same time since I use the different addresses for different parts of my life. Can the syncing you suggest work with all of the addresses concurrently. The sync needs to work right otherwise I will waste lots of time.