Android phone w/prepaid?General

Last Updated:

1. danglr09

danglr09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok im looking for any options at this point for an android device. I would really like the hero if possible. it looks like the only thing i can do is get an iphone 3g on gophone prepaid w/o any problems. but i really like android.
    i need a prepaid sim that i can buy refill cards for b/c im 16 and cant sign a contract.
    any help is appreciated.
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rezistik

Rezistik Member

If you have enough money for the phone you can go with tmobile and get the G1 or the Mytouch with a flexpay account

3. balazer

balazer Active Member

Gee, that's some bit of logic. If he can afford a phone, he can afford flexpay with a G1 data service? That would be a minimum of $1320 for a 2-year contract - a lot more than the cost of a no-contract G1.

4. newspeak

newspeak New Member

Well if he is willing to pay for the iphone with a prepaid plan from att

then it can't be any less expensive....i say try ebay see what kind of deals you can get for the unlocked phone then just go into tmob and set up a pre paid plan

5. jacksonwalters

jacksonwalters New Member

• I bought a G1 off eBay for $150 - mint cond.
    • Went to the T-Mobile guys at the mall, talked to 'em for a bit, eventually he let me get away with an activated T-Mobile Pay As You Go SIM.
    • Unlocked the phone via Unlock Google Phone - How to unlock HTC, T-Mobile.
    • Popped in my friend's AT+T data card, set APN settings, linked my GMail account, enabled Wi-Fi.
    • Reinserted my activated T-Mobile card.
    • Got a Gizmo5 account and a Google Voice account. Linked them.
    • Downloaded SIPDroid on my G1.
    • Linked SIPDoid to Gizmo5.

Now, when in WiFi area (which is everywhere on my college campus) and someone calls my Google Voice number, it forwards to Gizmo, which forwards to SIPDroid, and my $200 G1 happily rings - for free. :)

Edit: Want it to work anywhere? Get a MiFi. Only Verizon and Sprint ATM but soon will be with T-Mobile.