Android phone with dedicated dialing keys?

Last Updated:

1. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife would like a smart phone to run some applications on like a BIble reader, and complete bible program as well as some other things. Of course i let her use my Incredible for a couple of weeks and she dies not like it. Shen is smart phone challenged, and coming from a Razer flip phone, it was too much for her.

The perfect phone would be one that has a pointing device, dial keys and the android OS.

I thought at one time HTC was going to produce one, (although I think it had a TS)

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

None on Android.... the blackberry pearl flip thing is as close as It gets to that.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Generally, smartphones tend to avoid a normal T9 keypad, due to them being far more limited for typing. I think the closest thing she would be able to get is a Nokia Symbian phone which would have smartphone functionality with a T9 keypad. Even then however, they are phasing those out, in preference of touch screens and QWERTY phones.

T9 phones also have fairly small screens as well and are not touchscreens for that reason, which would not make web browsing anywhere near enjoyable. Your best bet would just be a regular plain-ol-phone, or she will need to adapt, since she is in a very small niche.

4. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You are SO right Demache. I really hoped that she would adapt to the Incredible as there are a TON of apps out that she could use, but not to be for now at least. I think the Pearl would be a nice start to a smart phone, but Verizon no longer carries it.