• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android phone with no manufacturer fud

wooky69

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2011
Hi all, I'm looking to splash out on a new Android phone and I'd like one without any manufacturer interface TouchWiz ETC? I'd like as pure Android experience as possible with regular updates.

Nexus 6 or Moto X?

What can you all recommend?

Thanks.

After using lots of different models I bought a pure Android Nexus 4, it made such a positive impression on me that I was very eager to buy a Nexus 5 upon release due to it's better specs.

Now after one year with the N5, I'm super happy. I've had other new phones as you can see by the list on the left of my current models. But if i was going to limit myself to just one it'd be a Nexus hands down no hesitation.

I'll be ordering a Nexus 6 tomorrow because I have a distinct need for a large 6"display. Yet I'm also keeping my Nexus 5, its like new even though it's had lots of use. It's just too good to sell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones