• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android phone wont use my SD card

Rapchez

Lurker
Apr 17, 2013
I just got my first Android and purchased an 8gig sd card 32gig is the limit and when I download apps and add contacts it goes directly into the internal memory and when it gets full I cant download anymore.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Phone is an LG model number LG-P505

Welcome to the Forums Rapchez. The LG-P505 also known as the Phoneix only has 160 MB of internal Memory to work with. When released it had the Froyo OS Android v2.2 and is upgradable to The gingerbraed OS Android v2.3. Your phone has been discontinued. They are no longer sold.

Judging fron this thread http://androidforums.com/lg-phoenix/646421-lg-phoenix-p505-small-internal-memory-how-increase.html in the LG Phoenix - Android Forums there's not much you can do about that. There is an app in the play store called AppMgrIII (App 2 SD) that will work on your phone and let you move apps that install to your internal memory to the SD card but it looks like you'd have to do that each time you download an app. I didn't see any provision for making it automatic in the developers description of AppMgrIII. BE sure you Read user's manual or FAQ in AppMgr by going to: AppMgr > Settings > About after you install it on your phone. I could be wrong never having used that app myself. HTH

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones