1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Android phones and price drops

1. mac227

mac227 Member

I am looking to purchase a new smartphone. THe Samsung Nexus S has my eye, and I think I am about ready to purchase it (the phone outright for 520$) However, I am fully expecting the successor to the Nexus S to come out this december. Should I expect a price drop on the nexus s within the next 6 months or within a couple of months of the release of its successor?

Advertisement
    :
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Maybe, but wait that long and you'll want whatever's new then...
  3. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I kinda get the feeling that once the 3rd Nexus phone is out, they'll just stop selling the Nexus S, pretty much like they did with the Nexus One. It'll definitely drop prices on eBay and the like.
  4. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Why wait for the third one? The fourth one might come out a year later and so on. Just get the phone now. There is really no point in waiting almost a year for a phone that hasn't even been announced yet unless you're still on contract. Once that phone is released, rumors of the next one will come out and then you'll be waiting for that one instead.

Buy now, enjoy, then sell.
  5. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

December is too long of a wait for smartphones. Retail prices won't drop, but eBay/Craigslist prices will drop with time.