• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Phones

DroidKid

Dec 4, 2009
NJ/PA
I think these phone's are being released two early, I had gotten the Moto Droid not even a few week's after it came out. Then a few month's down the road they came out with the Incredible. Now they're coming out with the Droid X.

It seem's like at this rate, if this were to be the case, I don't see Verizon getting the Iphone. They're releasing phones way to quickly. and then you can't opted out of the contract without penalty. I knew I should waited til something came out I really liked. Not that i dislike the Droid I have now, It's just it always seems when I get a phone something better comes out a day a week, a month a year later. whichever the case may be.

Anyone else feel this way.

Man I definitely feel the same way. I actually got a Droid a couple months back cause I was so sick of Apple and AT&T. I really had no use for the physical keyboard though and it was a bit sluggish coming off the 3gs. Now I have the Evo and I'm really happy. But the waiting was the hard part. I don't know what's worse, getting something that'll be surpassed in a few months time, or waiting for what you think you want. I have some issues with the Evo but I gotta say I'm pretty happy.

And ya know what's even worse than all that??? The carriers are raising their early term fees significantly (I think Sprint is the only one not to do so thus far)! Right when they start pumpin' out a drool-worthy device every quarter. UGH!!!! I long for the day when you can get whatever damn device you want, take it to a carrier and get it activated fully. A dream I know but...

Upvote 0
I think these phone's are being released two early, I had gotten the Moto Droid not even a few week's after it came out. Then a few month's down the road they came out with the Incredible. Now they're coming out with the Droid X.

It seem's like at this rate, if this were to be the case, I don't see Verizon getting the Iphone. They're releasing phones way to quickly. and then you can't opted out of the contract without penalty. I knew I should waited til something came out I really liked. Not that i dislike the Droid I have now, It's just it always seems when I get a phone something better comes out a day a week, a month a year later. whichever the case may be.

Anyone else feel this way.

There will always be a newer model available. Progress will not stop. You will always buy a phone just before a "better" one comes along.

Why would Verizon now want the Iphone when it has the much neater/better/open/customizable Android operating system available?

Upvote 0
If you enjoy your phone, and it does what you need it to do, then why does it matter that there's a new phone thats just a little bit better available? By the time you're due for your upgrade, there will be something new and better along then for you to upgrade to.

I believe that when you're in the market for a phone, you should simply buy what its best for you at the time, as far as doing what you want it to do and all. Trying to keep up with technology and the rate they produce products will end up costing you more money than the benefit is worth tbh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones