Android plugin not visible in eclipse

Last Updated:

1. krishnan

krishnan Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    I am new to android. My eclipse galileo was working fine till morning; when i checked for updates for it and also updated the ADT then it asked to restart eclipse.
    Now i cant see any kind of Android options/menu in eclipse. But i can see ADT in installed software.
    Even if i open my old projects in the workspace, eclipse is unable to recognize any of the Android classes.

I would appriciate if any one of you could point me to any fix.

Thanks
    Krishnan

Advertisement
  2. Mystify11880

Mystify11880 New Member

Hi Krishnan,
    I had the same problem yesterday. For me it all worked fine (after hours of not working), when I start eclipse as admin and then install the plugins etc...

try that, I bet thats the prob.

Bye

krishnan likes this.
  3. krishnan

krishnan Member This Topic's Starter

I fixed the issue;
    with some work around it was throwing

An error occurred while installing the items
    session context was:(profile=PlatformProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]org.eclipse.cvs 1.0.400.v201002111343, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction).
    Cannot connect to keystore.
    This trust engine is read only.
    The artifact file for osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.cvs,1.0.400.v201002111343 was not found

Solution:
    1) It looks the permission issue;
    2) I uninstalled my eclipse
    3) Installed eclipse from eclipse-jee-galileo-SR2-linux-gtk.tar.gz in my home folder (/home/krishnan)
    4) change the owner of the .gz file in case the owner is root (sudo chown krishnan eclipse-jee-galileo-SR2-linux-gtk.tar.gz)
    5) It created a folder /home/krishnan/eclipse
    6) Now star the eclipse from the home folder ( double click the file named eclipse)
    7) You r all set to install the ADT

-Krishnan