Android port of Space Trader/Dark Nova

Last Updated:

1. yurnotsoeviltwin

yurnotsoeviltwin Member This Topic's Starter

Back when I was using the old Palm OS platform, there was an absolutely incredible game called Space Trader. Development on it stopped when Palm OS went the way of the dinosaur but it's open source, and there's now a beefed up iPhone port called Dark Nova, which is also open source (darknova-iphone - Project Hosting on Google Code). Would any developers on here have any interest in porting this to Android?

Advertisement
  2. swinginjonny

swinginjonny New Member

Space Trader was given the VERY first mobile gaming award clear back in 1996. I had it at the time and played it consistently on 13 devices from Palm through Windows Mobile right up til May when I bought my G1. Never has a game been able to hold 13 years worth of attention. It is a really fun game. I would LOVE to have it on my little Android buddy!

3. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

and you can see from the website that they are very interested in porting to android

4. Black Cat's Lab

Black Cat's Lab New Member

I'm currently developping a "trade and fight" game on Android and I discover Palm Os Space Trader game here :)

I used the same name, cause it's game to trade in space :D

After visiting this website, I think we've got same inspiration, a kind of mix between Elite and Dope war.

Game is still in developpment, don't hesitate to send me your ideas or raise bug (Black Cat's Lab). I hope you enjoy this game which is my first android app !

5. Dark Nova

Dark Nova New Member

We are now porting Dark Nova to android. We're new to the platform and could use any help we can get! The Google Code repo is here:

dark-nova-android - Project Hosting on Google Code

contact us at android at darknova .net if you want to help.

Cheers!

The Dark Nova Dev Team