Android.process.acore CPU PEGGED at 100% in com.fede.launcher (LauncherPro)??Support

Last Updated:

1. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello...

So I rooted my EVO about 2 weeks ago with unrEVOked. Didn't do anything fancy-rootish except install Titanium backup for backup purposes...no app removals/freezes, no flashing ROMs, none of that. Haven't had the chance.

At the same time I rooted I started fooling around with LauncherPro, switching between that and the stock Sense Launcher. Again, nothing fancy...no crazy widgets...LauncherPro dock has about 8 items and that's it.

Every so often I see that my battery is getting SUCKED down fast. When I check Android Task Info or similar program and order tasks/processes by CPU, I have found that android.process.acore in the com.fede.launcher package associated with LauncherPro is PEGGED AT 100%.

In this particular instance when I saw my battery dropping fast, I had turned on my GPS and launched a 4G service search app called 4G,CDMA,GSM & WiFi Map Viewer 4G,CDMA,GSM & WiFi Map Viewer - Android app on AppBrain and viewed the maps in the Map Viewer app. I exited the app, returned to check something else and then QUIT the app (closed the data connection). I then noticed my battery issues, check the CPU usage and saw the acore/com.fede.launcher issue.

Anyone know what causes this to happen? Any way to prevent/stop this?

THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

That's a pretty well documented issue, but I don't think any specific cause was ever pinpointed. Some things people have tried are:

-Switch back to the sense launcher and see if you still have the problem, but with the sense launcher instead.
    -Uninstall and reinstall Launcherpro
    -Remove all icons/widgets from the sense launcher, then switch back to launcherpro

Here's a few reference threads:

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/218690-launcherpro.html
    LauncherPro Forum • View topic - LP is always 100% of cpu
    LauncherPro Forum • View topic - android.process.acore stuck at 100% CPU
    LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Suspect Launcher Pro Plus is severely crippling my phone.

scudder likes this.
  3. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I appreciate the links...THANKS. I didn't think to check the other forums...

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

check your config settings for that map viewer. I uninstalled it after two days because it was hogging resources and battery. it would connect to their server constantly even though I had turned those features off