1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

android.process.acore not responding

1. oppy1

oppy1 Member

Frequently when I exit out of a something back to the home screen I get the error message "Sorry! Activity Home (in process android.process.acore) is not responding." Force close/Wait
    I have not found anyway to stop this from happening. It seems the more time I spend in an app (such as Maps) the more likely I will get this error message upon exit. I have tried removing the widgets from the home screen and getting rid of some apps but no luck
    Not rooted or anything like that.

Advertisement
  2. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Are you using any home replacement apps?
  3. oppy1

oppy1 Member

I am not familiar with home replacement apps, so I am going to say no.
  4. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Home Replacements: Pandahome, Home++, some others.

Not sure what to tell you, right now. I get acore FCs every so often, but they always seem to go away after a little while.

If I come across something I'll let you know.
  5. ayush20m

ayush20m Well-Known Member

Are you using a different rom?
  6. oppy1

oppy1 Member

No, I don't think so.
  7. oppy1

oppy1 Member

I also get this error when when powering on the phone as it get to the home screen. I try to power off and restart the phone about once a week.
  8. ayush20m

ayush20m Well-Known Member

go to about phone in settings and tell me what all you see
  9. oppy1

oppy1 Member

Baseband 62.50SC.20.17U_2.22.23.02
    Kernel 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37
    android-build@apa26 #19
    Build DMD64
  10. oppy1

oppy1 Member

Is there a way to fully backup everything on my phone and restore it. I would like to try doing a factory reset, but want to backup and be able to restore it before I try. Can this be done at all, or without rooting?
  11. r1tch

r1tch New Member

On my Motorola Milestone 2, after having upgraded to Gingerbread, the Smooth Calendar widget bogged down the acore process. Sometimes it froze the phone completely shortly after bootup. Removing the widget fixed the problem. (Earlier I tried cache wipe, factory reset, re-flashing... to no avail.)