1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

android.process.media errors please helpGeneral

1. vindeezl

vindeezl Member

Hi all,
    Back in March I rooted my phone (MetroPCS LG Connect 4G) with the Spectrum one click root and was happy until I had installed Root Uninstaller and removed the factory Metro bloatware.

My phone constantly gets the "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" force close error and it shuts down Google Market within seconds now it seems and if it is set to auto-update it will error like that without even being in the market.

I attempted other fixes here such as clear data and delete update from Google Play which is now old Google Market again but it still does it.

I even attempted the newer connect root that markolo25 had posted here but still have the same error even after a factory reset. It is aggravating if I cannot download any apps!

What are my options? Do I need to load a rom image?

Advertisement
  2. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

If you can remember exactly what bloatware was deleted when this happened then all you'd need to do is request someone upload it for you to put back.

If not then you will need to restore the whole rom. I have a stock one but you might want to consider flashing rom number two. It's in the all root section and is a great custom rom.

Here's the link to a stock. Debloated.

http://db.tt/ZH1A3Ser

P. S. For future reference make sure to always backup before making any changes. I make it a habit to back up even if i don't plan to make any changes because you never know...
    vindeezl likes this.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Also remember, anytime you delete bloat, make a backup of it with titanium or whichever backup app you use in case this happens again.

Sent From My Paranoid Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
    vindeezl likes this.
  4. vindeezl

vindeezl Member

Thank you so much for the reply, i know I deleted metroWEB and all the other ones listed metro and I believe when I got rid of metroWEB it nuked the play store.

My phone has zv8 listed behind the battery and in about phone. Would zv9 or zva also be an upgrade then?
  5. airtioteclint

vindeezl likes this.
  6. vindeezl

vindeezl Member

I cannot even access the system apps folder and am having trouble loading a rom with clockwork mod recovery, specifically I cannot

"3. Put the extracted folder into the "Backup" folder inside "./SDCard/Clockwork Mod/Backup" on your phone."

I have no sdcard folder even though it is mounted or even when mass connection hooked into my usb on my pc.

When I directed CWM to the zip in another folder on the phone it just wouldn't install it. Is there a guide on how to use CWM properly? I'd really just like to revert back to factory rom rooted and debloated at this point I think.
  7. airtioteclint

Did you extract tbe zip file first? (It's faster to do it from your computer)

After you've got it extracted put it on your sd card and remember to wipe factory, cache, dalvik and battery then choose restore.

Edit : this thread have detailed step by step. http://androidforums.com/connect-4g...ons-each-stock-apps-stripper-application.html
    vindeezl likes this.
  8. vindeezl

vindeezl Member

I extracted the zip and put the whole file on the main directory even and it says no files found for that and recovery.

I even have the zip file on the card and it won't run anything :(
  9. airtioteclint

The zip file won't work on your sd card because it's a cwm backup file. Give me a second I'm going to download it myself to see if it's stll good.
    vindeezl likes this.
  10. airtioteclint

Ok i just downloaded, extracted , and inspected it and everything seems to be in tact.

Did you create the folders yourself or did cwm did? I'm not on cwm anymore but if i remember correctly it should go sdcard > clockworkmod > backup > (your backup folder) that's where cwm will look when you choose restore.
    vindeezl likes this.
  11. vindeezl

vindeezl Member

airtioteclint I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

I managed to fix my phone inadvertently by hitting the backup and making a backup of my phones rom it created the folders I needed so I put the extracted folder in there with a renamed date because the first one was 1970.00.05xxxxx something like that and when I made a 2012 folder and it showed up it was able to find my zv9 bloatware and rooted I downloaded from the link you sent me and it seems to work fine no errors so far :smokingsomb:

THANK YOU@!
  12. airtioteclint

Glad to hear it and you are welcome. :)