1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Android Questions?

1. safetyobc

safetyobc Active Member

Hello,

I am about to pull the trigger on a Galaxy Tab 2.

I have my music collection already on Google Music. Can I easily download (playlists and/or certain songs) to my GT2?

Contacts I assume will pull in from my google account?

Will most all apps, themes, live wall papers work for the GT2? Or do you have to find specific apps for the Tablets?

Thanks for any information!

Advertisement
    :
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

your google music is automatic once you log in to it

i have formatted multiple times (galaxy nexus roms)
    and i sign in to music every time (after 10 times you have to deauthorize some devices)
    and each time it resyncs everything.

most apps would work for tablets, however im not 100% certain, you might find some that arent compatible, and wallpapers may be the same, but then again im not sure.

i know all your google stuff will re-sync automatically :)
    safetyobc likes this.
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

If it's a tablet with Honeycomb or ICS, apps designed for phones will be scaled to the screen. You might have some rough looking graphics on some, but most apps now are designed for higher resolution phones, which tablets have similar resolutions.

Wallpapers are mostly the same, except that they're usually cut to be longer than taller. Because phones are usually held in the portrait position where tablets are held in the horizontal.
  4. safetyobc

safetyobc Active Member

But can I select which playlist or song to store on the device or does it load everything?

Thanks!
  5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

if you set it up on the pc, or another device, it will load on your device, regardless everything you do in google music will happen to your device, almost instantly
  6. safetyobc

safetyobc Active Member

Is it streaming the music or storing on the device? I have about 20 GB of music on Google Music. I don't want that much music loaded onto the Tab 2.