• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android RC30 Updates Your G1

San diego here, still runnin rc 19, what's the deal? I never hook up my phone to my computer, do u think that if I did it might somehow help my odds of getting this damn update? I can't stand this. And one more thing, if the G1 and android OS really wanna put some heat on the iphone, win the race to flash so we can finally watch some vids. Still don't get why we don't have it

Upvote 0
I am also in the UK and am finally on TC5-RC8
icon7.gif
I had the update arrive ota this morning but I accidentally pressed the back button which canceled the update
icon8.gif
I managed to get the update by creating an "any cut" shortcut to device info, then selecting check for updates. Couple minutes after that i then had the update ready message again, making sure this time to not press back!
icon11.gif

First impressions are good! Best bit being that internet speeds have gone from averaging around 400 to averaging around 1100!
icon7.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones