Android read Blackberry mem card?

Last Updated:

1. Yodeldog

Yodeldog Member This Topic's Starter

My daughter has a Blackberry Storm, and has ordered an Incredible, which is due to arrive Monday Sept. 13th. Is the card formatted in a format that Android can read? Or will I need to mount the card in my computer and copy all of the photos and stuff she wants to save, let Android reformat the card, mount it in the computer and transfer the stuff back onto the card? I would appreciate the advice of someone with knowledge of BB use of the Micro SD card. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Unless you have any files on the card that are in a format proprietary to an app used on the BlackBerry, you shouldn't have any trouble at all. Things like pictures, usually in .jpeg format, will show up fine on an Android phone, as will .doc, .txt or whatever.

Personally, I'd back up everything to your computer first; better to be safe than sorry, and it won't take much time to do. You have to take the SD card out anyway; in the case that you do have to format the card for whatever reason, you'll be covered.

Yodeldog likes this.
  3. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

I put my BB chip right into my DInc and it read all my music and pics just fine

Yodeldog likes this.
  4. Yodeldog

Yodeldog Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks folks! That answers my questions nicely. This forum is really helpful with a lot of great people.