Android recovery <3e>

1. joshuacohenjc

joshuacohenjc Active Member

one thing though. now im on 3g instead of 4g. thats kind of big deal to me, how do i fix that. does this mean that i download the wrong one
  2. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Can you go to about device and tell me or take a screen shot....what firmware and kernel it says your on.... are you still rooted?
  3. joshuacohenjc

how do i check if im still rooted
  4. joshuacohenjc

android version 4.2.2
    kernel version 3.4.0-526204 se.infra@sep-124#1
  5. sntaylor

Download the app "root checker"from play store :)
  6. sntaylor

What's the base band version sorry
  7. joshuacohenjc

ok, but its also not letting me connect to wifi
  8. sntaylor

And build number for good measure ;-)
  9. joshuacohenjc

it says "sorry, this device does not have proper root access"

the baseband is M919VVLUAMDC
  10. joshuacohenjc

Build number is JDQ39.I9505XXUAMDM
  11. joshuacohenjc

i also keep getting a notification saying "prevention information, the device has detected an application..." i when i click it, it asks me to reboot, when i rebooted, the notification just comes back again
  12. sntaylor

What firmware did you flash through Odin?
  13. joshuacohenjc

its called I9505XXUAMDM_I9505OJVAMDK_I9505XXUAMDM_HOME.tar.md5
  14. sntaylor

Was it mdm you were on previously? Sorry I'm kinda stumped, but not completely....biggest problem is the s4 being so New in struggling to think of other options just now.

I'd consider re flashing through Odin, before you do it this time though go to developer options and ensure usb debugging is enabled(has a green tick) if you for have developer options, go to about device and tap build number about ten times, then it will appear. Otherwise boot into Odin the same as last time, put phone in download mode, correct phone and start flashing process! If that doesn't make a difference I'll have to try asking someone else on this forum but they don't have an s4 and are in the UK like me, so may not have an answer for a while!
  15. sntaylor

Actually had an idea.... Can you take a picture of the contents of the stock Rom you downloaded? There should be several files,I don't have my computer on to check what the contents would be, but one would have modem as part of the name of the file!
  16. sntaylor

Right when flashing the stock Rom, follow these instructions but replace the appropriate file with the one you have downloaded(assuming any resemble yours)

Flashing Instructions:
    - Unzip the file
    - Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
    - Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
    - Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
    - Add CODE_I9100XXLSJ.tar to PDA
    - Add MODEM_I9100XXLS6.tar to PHONE
    - Add CSC_HOME_OXX_I9100OXXLS1.tar to CSC
    - Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
    - Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes

Obviously the letters and numbers on each will be different for you, especially as that one is for an s2, but the principle is identical :)
  17. joshuacohenjc

18. sntaylor

No other folders with any files in them? If not then just reflash it anyway hopefully might sort it :)
  19. joshuacohenjc

i just restored it to see if that would work, it didn't. but i also noticed that some apps were missing. like the carrier apps. i was thinking about just exchanging it for a new cause of this headache but i dont know if they will take it anymore
  20. sntaylor

That's certainly a possibility.Can you describe for me, what you did from the point that you rooted until the phone went beserk and you came on here asking questions?

Did you create a backup after rooting?
  21. joshuacohenjc

no, i did not create a backup. i only rooted like 4 days ago. but i didnt do anything crazy. i installed samsung multi window manager, gamecih, and mobile substate (but never used it). i didnt really do anything too crazy other than download apps from google play that needed root access.
  22. joshuacohenjc

is there anyway of doing a total reset, where it would reset the entire software not just the data. i would like to get the carrier apps back so i can try to exchange it in the store
  23. sntaylor

What carrier are you on?
  24. sntaylor

And did you take a note of phone details prior to rooting?
  25. joshuacohenjc

no i did not. i am with videotron