Android Rookie needs help

Last Updated:

1. drabidea

drabidea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am a fairly technically savvy person but I am new to the Android OS. I bought the Droid last Friday when it came out and have been have issues ever since.

It has been very fast but it does not always open applications. This includes applications that came with the phone that are very basic, including the camera app, phone app, and market app. It changes every time I start up the phone, it is not specific to one application, it has happened to probably all of them. I will click on the app and will come up with an error message and I am forced to click force close.

The only way to get the application running again is by turning off the phone and removing the battery for a couple minutes. This causes other problems, my phone does not like to turn on everytime. Sometimes it gets hung up on the motorola logo sometimes the droid eye and the phone does not boot up.

This is becoming quite a pain as I have to do this about twice a day. It doesn't seem like many people are having this problem. Is it a bad phone? Do I just need to wait for a SW update?

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I would try a hard reset and if that doesn't fix it you might want to return it.

3. mooshu47

mooshu47 Active Member

You should probably return the phone. That type of problem has been reported but is not normal.

4. drabidea

drabidea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a system reset and that didn't help. I will give it hard reset and if that doesn't help, I'm bringing it back to the store.

It shouldn't be a problem to replace it with a new one right?

5. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

No, Verizon is really good about switching out defective hardware.