1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android rookie

Last Updated:

1. ER6BEN

ER6BEN Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

So I am not very savy with all this stuff but I really enjoy my G1. I know what emulators are and I see that I can get them on the market but I do not understand where to get games or how to put them on my phone.
    If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

Google and you'll find many emulator sites with how to instructions and game ROMs to download. The downloading of game ROMs is a legal gray area so i'll not post any links.

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Technically you should already own those roms from the game system that you are now using an emulator for ...

4. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

It's really pretty simple though. You can download the ROMs on your PC and copy them to a folder on your phone. Either connect your phone to your PC and mount it.. then drag the files to the SD card.. or use a card reader to put them directly on the SD card. Then you just open the emulator and browse to the folder where you put the ROMs. You can find several sites by just putting "NES roms" into Google.

If you download a file manager to your phone like "Astro" you can browse to one of the sites and download the ROMs right to you phone directly without using a PC. That's how I did it. Actually NESoid even has a button in the settings which does this for you (if you open NESoid and press "menu" to open "settings" then scroll down to the bottom and click on "Search ROMs" it opens a search for you). Sometimes its a bit slow to navigate these sites on your phones browser.. but it is possible.