• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android SDK deleted EVERYTHING!

Jake Altman

Oct 16, 2012
Please tell me there is a way to get all my stuff back. I got the android SDK and installed it on my desktop and wanted to move it to my c drive so I clicked the uninstall and it took EVERYTHING on my desktop! From my parkour videos to pictures and videos of my son from the day he was born till now, Last time I backed up my stuff was a while ago so I'm desperate for help, please let me know asap how to get it all back.

Hi Jake,

Are the files not in the trashcan?

If not, my guess us that you want to use some file recovery software, same as you'd use for any inadvertent deletion on a pc. I'm not a Windows person, so can't recommend a particular tool, but a web search will turn up many options.

Try to minimise use of your pc until then - anything written to disk in the meanwhile could potentially overwrite the data you want to recover.

Good luck

Reactions: Jake Altman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones