• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Smart TV Help

I have this "Android Smart TV Box" from here CDR KING

I was able to flash a firmware from eGreat and rooted the device. Everything was fine until the day comes when i installed an app it messed up my wifi and throws error everytime i turn wifi on.

I tried uninstalling the apps to fix the problem, but factory reset did the trick. However, my problem is that i cannot root the device anymore. Im using gingerbreak and it is stucked and found out the superuser is still installed although i have made a factory reset. My bad that i didnt know i should have unrooted first from gingerbreak before factory reset, which means i cannot remove superuser without root access. Is there another way to re-root my device?

I don't have a backup of my original stock firmware, but i still have a copy of the img file i used to update firmware, and also the latest official fw of egreat from their site.

btw the box only has power and reset button, so i dont know how to boot to recovery mode... :(

***Update:
Tried installing gingerbreak and at some point, installation proceeded without any problem :)
i also found out what is the culprit for making my atv's wifi to malfunction, i figured out when i install droid vnc server and then i reboot my atv, it will mess up my wifi and the only way to fix is to factory reset the box. my bad that i deleted the system default keyboard so when i factory reset i dont have onscreen keyboard hahaha

Hi!

Thanks for your post. I have the same model.
BTW, what does the new firmware give you?

Regards,
Cesar

I was able to flash a firmware from eGreat and rooted the device. Everything was fine until the day comes when i installed an app it messed up my wifi and throws error everytime i turn wifi on.

I tried uninstalling the apps to fix the problem, but factory reset did the trick. However, my problem is that i cannot root the device anymore. Im using gingerbreak and it is stucked and found out the superuser is still installed although i have made a factory reset. My bad that i didnt know i should have unrooted first from gingerbreak before factory reset, which means i cannot remove superuser without root access. Is there another way to re-root my device?

I don't have a backup of my original stock firmware, but i still have a copy of the img file i used to update firmware, and also the latest official fw of egreat from their site.

btw the box only has power and reset button, so i dont know how to boot to recovery mode... :(

***Update:
Tried installing gingerbreak and at some point, installation proceeded without any problem :)
i also found out what is the culprit for making my atv's wifi to malfunction, i figured out when i install droid vnc server and then i reboot my atv, it will mess up my wifi and the only way to fix is to factory reset the box. my bad that i deleted the system default keyboard so when i factory reset i dont have onscreen keyboard hahaha[/QUOTE]

Reactions: jbitpc
Upvote 0
Hi guys, I got a Chinese android network media box. It plays media well from my network storage. But my issue is that most of the language is in Chinese. I have change the system lang to English but still not completely ok. please how do I go about reinstalling a fresh android to wipe the one it came with originally.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I got a Chinese android network media box. It plays media well from my network storage. But my issue is that most of the language is in Chinese. I have change the system lang to English but still not completely ok. please how do I go about reinstalling a fresh android to wipe the one it came with originally.
Thanks.

If you bought it on Ebay and it shipped from China, almost no chance. Many devices like this are intended for sale in China and not exported/imported by reputable importers and retailers. That's why they're on Ebay.

To get it to fully support English, you'd have to get hold the original manufacturer's ROM that supports English. If it exists at all, and that's where the problem lies. Because the manufacturer is unknown.

Reactions: jbitpc
Upvote 0
Hi!

Thanks for your post. I have the same model.
BTW, what does the new firmware give you?

Regards,
Cesar

***Update:
i also found out what is the culprit for making my atv's wifi to malfunction, i figured out when i install droid vnc server and then i reboot my atv, it will mess up my wifi and the only way to fix is to factory reset the box. my bad that i deleted the system default keyboard so when i factory reset i dont have onscreen keyboard hahaha
[/QUOTE]
have you found the answer to this riddle? Can you help to install 4.1 rom? I need to upgrade badly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones