android smileys

Last Updated:

1. scouseefc

scouseefc Well-Known Member

after i updated to 4.0.3 i have them crap green android smileys how do you get the old ones back or somethin different instead of the borin green ones?

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Where are you seeing them? Is it your browser, or SMS app?
  3. scouseefc

just in the normal messaging app mate when i go to send a message and you can choose whether to put a smiley face its just a boring green android face
  4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

4.0.3 hasn't been pushed out to the general public yet (meaning I don't have it). That being said, I didn't see anything in 4.0.2 that would allow a user to toggle the green faces. Are you open to replacing it with something third-party?
  5. scouseefc

like go sms? the faces below are the faces i want if you to to reply to thread theres faces before i had them before the update now i just have crap green things
  6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I can tell you how to change them, but it requires root, a root-only app, and replacement smileys. If you are willing to do that, I'll detail how to do it. I changed my own smileys the other day from green ones to blue ones.
  7. scouseefc

thanks for the offer mate but no thanks i dont wanna mess around with the phone in that way, thanks though mate
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Just use another SMS app which allows you to toggle how the smileys look, like Go SMS Pro.
  9. monkeyboy1875

monkeyboy1875 Member

The same thing happened to my SMS texting after my upgrade to ICS 4.0.3. The Android robot smileys in stock texting have changed from the cartoon type robots to just plain green silhouettes, which is pretty useless as the "emotion" is really hard to see.
    My phone isn't rooted and I don't really want to start using another texting app, I was just wondering if anyone had an idea why this would happen and if it's likely to be fixed in future updates. I know the smiley faces have no bearing on the performance of my phone, but it was a feature I liked using and was perfectly happy with until my upgrade, and its bugging me that the upgrade has made something I liked worse than it was.
  10. Robbo4380

Robbo4380 New Member

Agree because even on my large screen Galaxy S2 I can't tell the difference between most of them.....crap, change them back!!!!
  11. Aquababe

Aquababe New Member

New to Samsung S2 this February, there was an update I've lost my cute little "monster" smilies / icons, which I loved after using BB for last 6 years.
    Is there way to get them back, not techie minded at all and did try a factory re-set but it didn't change them back?
    Or is there a way to un-do the software update?
    calcanto likes this.
  12. stevep285

stevep285 New Member

I agree. This was one area in which ICS took a real step back from GB. Those ICS emoticons look like something from Apple IIe's & Commodore 64's back in the 80's.
  13. kadeo

kadeo New Member

I'm willing to do that! Hit me.
  14. anunez

anunez Member

I had complained about the little land mines (green non emotional men) with my Galaxy 3, and you're right not a upgrade but something from Commodore 64 lol sad they lost all the effectiveness they should have.
  15. pariah85

pariah85 New Member

My Galaxy S2 upgraded to 4.0.4 about 4 weks ago and those crap 'green' smilies are still there :(
  16. Shinji01

Shinji01 Well-Known Member

slightly off topic but, i use both iphone and android in japan, but earlier this year the softbank iphones all lost smiley functions due to an ios update. they were totally gone for several months until the bug was fixed.
    that was quite a nightmare but it also forced me to get new smiley apps and now i can use the both.
    i guess what i want to say is, an update can be a step backward for the stock settings but a step forward in app sales :D
  17. pxpjlea

pxpjlea New Member

18. SBird83

SBird83 New Member

This is just the info I'm looking for! I hate the new android Smileys.
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747M - ROOTED
    I also have .png versions of the Galaxy S2 android Smileys I want to use.

Please help!
    Thanks Sj
  19. bianca88

bianca88 New Member

Hey there :) rooted s3 here lookin to replace the Smiley's!can u help please?
  20. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

21. calcanto

calcanto New Member

green smileys are not good
    I prefered old yellows smileys!

Grazie
    Le smileys verdi di icecream sandwich 4 sono brutte
    come si puo rimettere le smileys gialle?
    Grazie

moi aussi je cherche le sisteme pour remettre les smileys jaunes comme dans le vieux 2
    merci