Android SMS layout?

Last Updated:

1. rtown

rtown Member This Topic's Starter

What's up with the default SMS app? I am not getting the layout here... wouldn't it make sense to display a conversation by the time sent? For example newest message at the bottom? Here is what my conversation looks like, which is super confusing to find the newest text or reply:

Bill: Hello
    Bill: Im doing good!
    Me: Hi Bill
    Me: How are you?
    Bill: Not much
    Me: What have you been doing?

As you can see, it makes no sense, how are these messages being organized???? I refuse to believe that this is how its supposed to function, it just makes no logical sense...

What am I missing here?

Advertisement
  2. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

My messaging shows the new messages at the bottom each time.

10:00 Hi
    10:01 How are you
    10:05 Not bad

etc

You are in the generic Android Lounge..you might want to specify a bit more info...Android Version, Phone, UI version etc

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

What's up with sticking with the stock app? If you don't like how any of the stock apps work then you don't have to use them. Check out some of the alternatives. You'll find more customization options with the others.

4. rtown

Handcent organized the message properly... but its ugly.

5. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Each to their own...I like that it is heavily customisable - A few tweaks here and there and I am very happy with Handcent. You even have the option of using the stock messaging app "style"...

Try choosing that and you could find you have the best of both worlds

6. rtown

returning my phone this evening. what kind of phone doesnt have a default sms app that works properly? i cant even text people... try finding the most recent text in a conversation of 50 messages, good luck.

this is actually my second one, the first kept restarting over and over again and wouldnt stop so i got a new one, this one has issues it seems too.

later android, its been fun. obviously android has many things to overcome, if it worked properly it would be far better than my iphone that i now have to go back to using.

7. coasterman927

coasterman927 Well-Known Member

What phone do you have anyway? I'm fairly sure this isn't an Android-wide issue. I've never heard of this before.

8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yeah.. totally goofy ..

sounds not typical ... even troll like!

good luck with your next phone...

9. rtown

yes, troll like. you caught me, i spend my evenings seeking help for problems that dont exist just for kicks. haha.

i went back to my old iphone 3g. its slow as hell, but it functions at least. and ive smashed it a thousand times and it continues to work...

so, whatever... maybe try android again in a couple years, i liked what i saw.