1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

"Android SMS warning message" sending too many texts..is this a joke?

1. nicknitro25

nicknitro25 Member

Is this feature a joke? I just bought a Nexus and whenever I seem to send more then 30 texts in 10 minutes I need to click "allow" everytime I send a text because of this warning message I am given, "You are sending a high amount of SMS messages" Apparently there is no way to turn this off either. I did a search and found that the only way to get rid of it is to root your phone, this is insane. I just bought this phone and have 14 days to return it and am going to if there is no fix to this, I don't want to have to click "allow" every time I want to send a text.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome nicknitro!
    I have not heard of that before and I'm wondering if it a device message or a message from your carrier? Which nexus do you have?
    I can see that would get very frustrating :(
  3. nicknitro25

nicknitro25 Member

Thank you!

It's the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung on the Verizon network. Running Jelly Bean. It would be a great feature if there were some way to turn it off, or raise the limit. If I start texting more then 2 people it starts popping up, I am honesty shocked that Google would some how release a 'feature' like this into android..it is such an annoying thing to deal with lol. It would suck to return the phone and go back to my Charge.
  4. Mikestony

Hey Nick!
    I moved your thread here so others with your device can chime in with some help too

Moved back per member request :)
  5. Mikestony

Do you think you would get that message with a 3rd party messaging app such as GoSmsPro?
  6. nicknitro25

nicknitro25 Member

Will give this a shot and report back. If I remember correctly though someone on another forum tried a 3rd party app and got the same result, due to the fact that it is a 'security feature' to prevent spammers from mass texting people. Google would probably figure spammers would attempt to circumvent the security by doing this.

But we shall see!
  7. moorken

moorken Well-Known Member

maybe its some kind of spam protection? there are some nasty hacked apps out there which start sending random SMS messages without you knowing, or even worse, sending SMS messages to paid toll numbers
  8. nicknitro25

nicknitro25 Member

No luck with it, feature is driving me insane, going to return phone and switch back to old version.
  9. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

10. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Wow.. That is stupid not to have a way to turn it off. Or change limits.

I know I have never seen that message on all my phones. I have never owned a nexus phone.

So you are using the stock messaging app.. And have tried 3rd party sms apps.
    What about using a totally different service : Google Voice.
    It completely replaces the sms app with a Google cloud service.
    I love it. But it uses data to send text.
  11. nicknitro25

nicknitro25 Member