Android software to be fastest growing OS

Last Updated:

1. Unclebill

Unclebill Active Member This Topic's Starter

"Google Inc.'s Android software will be the fastest growing operating system betwee\en now and 2013, when it will become the second most popular mobile OS, according to IDC."

Computerworld posted a new article online today.

Here's the link to the article ...

Google's Android will surge in mobile OS wars, IDC says

Advertisement
  2. blinky

blinky Well-Known Member

This is shaping up to be a huge battle. Google does have momentum going with the Android OS, but the iPhone 4th generation device and new OS with higher resolution is coming up.

This is going to be a Apple vs Google battle for the foreseeable future. I just don't see Palm, Windows Mobile, or Blackberry really being able to compete for the top dog spot.

3. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

iphone will never get in the top 3 because they are talking about the OS and only the iphone runs it. Android will have TONS of phones running it on all the carriers around the world as will Windows and Blackberry.

4. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Why is everybody so obsessed with the iPhone? The goal of android is not to beat Apple. Let's not forget about symbian- they're the market leaders.

5. Nexoid

Nexoid Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it won't beat Apple, it will simply just surpass it in all capabilities within the next several years. Android is here to provide an interface with unfathomable freedoms.. Thus we are going to see it take on many looks, feels, categories, Physical and Non Physical.

Android = Future Possibility (Endless I'm going to add)
    Apple = Current Functionality