• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Right okay I have just had a software update on my galaxy s3 no software change or nothing had I hopes up it would be jelly bean 4.3. Are we even getting any more android updates like jelly bean 4.3 or the up coming key lime pie update ?

It's not Jelly Bean it's 4.2.1 just an update to existing software. Samsung does a lot of this.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Noone officially has 4.2 on their s3 bud. Theres a leaked samsung build for the international s3 and theres loads of perfect aosp based 4.2 custom roms. Even the 4.3 ones are getting really stable.
Seems like samsung will probably go straight to 4.3 but depending what carrier youre on, you could be waiting till next year.
If you can live without the samsung features, flashing a nice 4.2 rom is definately the way to go to make your s3 perform to its full potential. Itl feel FAR faster than a stock s4 for example :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones