Android speed issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mindflash

Mindflash Member This Topic's Starter

Hello guys,

I'm a (proud) owner of Samsung Galaxy Spica for about two weeks and here is my problem... this phone just seems incredibly slow to me! I use Taskiller to end close applications and the phone always has more than 40Mb of RAM availible but... If I open Messages I have to wait for about 5s that application opens. Is it the problem that I have about 200 SMS saved? At my old Nokia which didn't even had symbian I was able to have more than 4000 (yes, four thousand) before phone statred getting slow. It's a little bit better with other applications, but it still takes about 3 seconds or more for Spica to respond. When I end a call it is even worse.. The phone is practicaly unresponsive for few seconds! Even when I open the menu it does not open smoothy! It is slow, slow, slow and it's busting my nerves. Will it get any better with android 2.0 or it will be even slower?

Greetings from Slovenia

Advertisement
  2. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Definitely something wrong there, I have over 2000 messages saved and it's fast as ever. Might be worth trying a factory reset (after backing everything up of course)

3. devast

devast Member

When you close an application with taskkiller, it will take a while to load it when you start it next time. Uninstall that sh*t, your phone will be much more responsive and fast. Just make sure, you do not install broken/battery eating applications. If you want to keep it anyway, do not use the widget, and kill the app itself when you're finished using it.

4. tripaka

tripaka New Member

Running any widgets, try not too have too many on your home screen. Using 3rd party SMS like handcents, chomp sms? Try setting only 1 as default in phone settings i.e. disable android messaging as default if you use third party messaging apps.

5. Gatak

Gatak Well-Known Member

What's upp with battery apps eating battery. Doesn't sound logical to me?! Is it proven - and how much battery usage to they eat then?

6. informale

informale Well-Known Member

It just depends on how frequent a particular widget updates itself. You can tell that from partial wake lock time. To check that install Spare Parts from Market and go to Battery History.

7. Mindflash

Mindflash Member This Topic's Starter

The reason why I installed Taskiller was the slowness, but I'll try without it, thanks!

I tried the reset in test mode but it doesn't work, so I'll have to stick with this version until some update.

I actually don't use any additional widgets or SMS programs. The only program I have installed is the Mabilo Ringtone and that's all.