• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Starter - must-have apps for new users

ocms

Lurker
Mar 5, 2011
I often have to recommend best applications to fresh Android users - many of my colleagues or their friends are getting Android phones nowadays. So I made simple application with selection of must-have apps for new users, with descriptions and market links. Now I can tell them to simply download "Android Starter" from market and check out apps featured there
smile.gif

In it's current form app is extremely simple. Maybe I should think about expanding it, creating something more complicated, for example recommend lists for individual users? If you have any feedback (some additional apps to include?), I'd love to hear your opinions. Anyway, it was fun weekend project and it would be nice if someone found it useful by recommending to a new user.

market link is here: https://market.android.com/details?i...androidstarter

website for app promotion (with QR code): Android Starter - initial App toolbox for Android phones

screenshots:

device_1_s.png
device_2_s.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones