• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Suggestions for a Lite User

Eris Ed

Android Expert
Jul 20, 2010
Manchester, UK
I have a Desire and I use all it's features every day. My girlfriend has a Samsung Tocca and is having problems, so she's looking for a new phone.

She won't use her next phone for email or news apps or changing icons. She will mainly use it for making calls and text messaging, with occasional internet browsing. Her job often means that she has her phone on standby for up to 2 days (with minimal use) and may not be able to charge the battery during that time.

She really likes Android, mainly because the touchscreen operation and keyboard are SOOOOOO much better than the Tocca's screen.

It's really easy for me to suggest phones that have all the bells and whistles that Android can offer, but I'm not so good at suggesting a handset for 'lite' use as described above, particularly in terms of battery life.

So, can anyone offer any suggestions for what we should be looking at? I like the HTC handsets in general, but she's not as fussy as I am and will consider any brand of handset as long as it has a good touchscreen.

Any help appreciated :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones