Android system draining battery??Support

Last Updated: 2013-01-18 13:30:41
  1. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

My battery seems to be draining faster than normal and the culprit appears to be "Android System" - currently showing 36% of my battery usage.

Does this sound normal? Any thoughts?

Running stock S3 with Apex.

Thanks for any thoughts

Advertisement
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

not normal, but judging from the number of other posters on here, something is wrong. haven't been able to figure out what, though.
  3. aldo82

aldo82 Well-Known Member

ever since I upgraded to 4.1 and now 4.1.2 android system will be my highest battery user if I don't use the phone much. If I use it then screen goes top but android system still sits high up in the top few places I don't know why I've tried several factory resets and started fresh and still get the problem. I think it's Google now
  4. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

I thought Google Now also but had it shut off.

Even purchased extended battery to combat this...
  5. racefan25

racefan25 Well-Known Member

try looking into the s voice as I had the same problem and shut down some things in s voice settings and now much better battery life. before I would use 50% of battery in about 4 hours of no use at all but maybe 1 text message turned s voice off and now much better. Also look at the GPS and make sure you only have what you want turned on.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Bad cell signal also comes under Android System. Install GSAM or Better Battery Stats if you actually want to resolve this issue, rather than us randomly giving you things it could be.
    trucky likes this.
  7. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion on S-Voice. I had already disabled that.

I will install GSam and see what I find. How long would you recommend for a true reading of the battery and drain?

Thanks again.
  8. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Probably true, but when JB came to the Gnex, Android System was the #1 user of battery. It was a JB thing that Google had to fix.