Android System eating battery?Support

Last Updated:

1. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Go to settings > about phone > battery > battery use
    Write down your Android system usage % for me as I want to know what everyone elses is like, mine is between 50-60% which seems abnormally high?

Its on its 2nd full charge so maybe it will improve over time.

Advertisement
  2. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

Doesn't that just mean that there isn't much else using battery?
    A phone will always use battery when it's on, and if a program uses a lot of power, then the 'Android System' percentage will be lower. If there isn't any programs using a lot of power, then 'Android System' will be higher?

Example.
    I have $200 dollars and I spend $20 on something. That something will have used 10% of my money. If I only had $50 dollars, then the same $20 would be 40% of the money. Not using more absolutely, just relatively.

Quazar likes this.
  3. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

[quote="Gh

4. Quazar

Makes sense, I've probably been using the system more than everything else too, thanks.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Mines only used 15% on 40hr uptime until I enabled live wallpaper. It then rose by 10% in 3 hours!

6. Quazar

Live wallpapers are loaded separately to the android system, so it should come up in a separate box to the android system. Mines usually 2% if I have the nexus one live wallpaper.

7. bluebirds

bluebirds Active Member

94% on 41hr UpTime.
    I'm lucky if i'm getting 12hrs out of my battery at the moment (and I'm not using it an awful lot or anything particularly power draining).

8. Quazar

How long have you had the phone for?

9. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

I've got 44 hours uptime, and Android is using 96%, cell standby 2% and phone idle 2%.

10. bluebirds

bluebirds Active Member

I've only had the phone since Friday evening, so it hasn't had many full charges.
    I'd read somewhere that someone suggested running the phone right down, turning off the phone & charging for 14 hours. They said to do this 2 or 3 times, so last night is the 1st charge like this (I normally charge whilst the phone is switched on)
    I'll report back in a day or two.

11. Quazar

Have you turned off auto sync, reduced mail and sync times, turned off always on mobile internet, not use wifi when not needed, screen brightness on 40%ish / dark background, not using intensive data widgets.
    Its meant to improve after a few charge cycles! Lets wait a few days and see what happens.

12. 400ixl

400ixl Well-Known Member

Mine is currently at 1d 2h 18m since unplugged.

Cell Standby is 26%
    Bluetooth is 22%
    WiFi is 22%
    Phone Idle is 21%
    Maps is 6%
    Android System is 3%

And the battery is still at 70% full. I do regulary use the advanced task killer to kill off unwanted service running.

Not bad at all seeing as bluetooth and wifi are constantly on.

13. Quazar

Thats so much better than mine! What sort of settings are you using, what widgets do you have on your homescreen? And how many charge cycles has your phone been through?

Thanks

14. 400ixl

400ixl Well-Known Member

Got it last Thursday and it has Been charged 3 times. The last time I let it get down to 9% before charging fully.

The main things that synchronise are Google Mail, Exchange Mail and Peep. The weather widget is on the homepage as well.

Noticed a dramatic increase in battery when I swapped from the multicoloured active background to a plain black background.

15. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Bear in mind that live wallpapers are known battery killers

16. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

As is friend stream....

17. infernosoft

infernosoft Member

I want to say you're lieing....but you're hopefully not. That's absoutely ridiculous. Are you using an extended battery? What have you done to decrease battery drainage?

18. seanxwong

seanxwong Well-Known Member

The Desire is equipted with the Li-ion battery which has no memory effect, I charge my Desire at any time I want cos I download, install and uninstall apps over and over again, that means I have to plug my phone to the computer very freqently and the phone starts recharging at any time.

19. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

You really didn't need to resurrect such an old thread to ask that. Infact you didn't really need to ask at all. There are a multitude of threads on this. For a summary, Click Here, read the battery section, give it a try. ;)

20. jeffre004

jeffre004 New Member

I got a Wildfire with the same problem.

android sys : 94%
    Cell standby: 2%
    Wi-fi : 2%
    Phone Idle : 2%

Can hardly get 8 to 10 hours battery life after full recharge with low usage (max 2 to 3 hours of wake time when i play games etc).

Have tried all tricks like controlling GPS, Wifi, Mobile office control etc. also switched off the vib mode keyboard feedback etc. nothing seem to work. :mad:. I got a friend who is using the same phone model and gets more than 4 days with moderate usage. Cant seem to figure out the problem!!!

21. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Restarting the phone has been named as a way to fix the high android system usage, if I recall it's normally an error in the way the phone is reporting the battery usage that gets cleared when the phone is turned off and back on.