• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android System Organization

SecretSexyNinja

Apr 8, 2010
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some insight. I loaded about 5gb worth of pictures, media, etc from my BB onto the main phone memory. I have also installed about 10 apps now and it seems like some of the info is going on the internal memory with some automatically on the SD card.

When I download apps, does it save the .apk somewhere separate than the installed program?

Also, how do you best organize all of your pictures, music, videos, apps, etc? I want to be able to access all these files when I tether the phone up to a laptop etc and right now it seems like everything is just going in random places.

For example, with my picture albums, I can't even really organize them, they're all just there... separated into different groups.

Another example... I downloaded the "3" music player from Rockon.. and it is ONLY looking for songs on my microSD. Does that mean to use this app, I need to move all music to the SD? Whats the best way to organize all your media on a phone like this?

Is there a general link or page that explains how all the organization works? Anyway, thanks! haha

The inherent flaw of the android OS imo is organization, or lack there of. Coming from bb I understand and all I can say is, music goes into the native music app, photos goes in photos, along with videos, some musoc videos go into music sometimes and, yeah. Perhaps to say learning curve isn't as accurate as a serious shift in perspective. This organizez MUCH differently than bb.

Upvote 0
thanks so much! One other thing, I have voice recordings and notes I have taken.. I see HTC has its own voice recording app as well as its own little "notepad" is there anyway to get these to link?

The inherent flaw of the android OS imo is organization, or lack there of. Coming from bb I understand and all I can say is, music goes into the native music app, photos goes in photos, along with videos, some musoc videos go into music sometimes and, yeah. Perhaps to say learning curve isn't as accurate as a serious shift in perspective. This organizez MUCH differently than bb.

yeah, EXACLTY. its just totally different. I just need to learn how its all setup haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones