Android System Sensor usage: Possible battery hog?Support

Last Updated:

1. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I just got my droid x about 2 days ago, and I've gone through about 2 full cycles. So far I haven't been able to squeeze more than 6 hrs of use on it, so I installed spare parts to see if the GPS bug was affecting it.

Going through some usage information, I found that the "Android System" sensor usage was huge! Since 1hr 29min unplugged the Sensor has been on for 1hr 36min...weird.

Checking the total time since boot the sensor has been on 19 hrs. I have autobrightness turned off and I haven't come across any other posts that explain what uses the sensor.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

3. WalmartSecurity

my GPS is off and the running time seems normal it's the sensor that is running at 100% under "sensor usage"

4. BLK MAJK

BLK MAJK Well-Known Member

your sensors are always on. that is just telling you of that time, the android system was the only one using it, not any other programs. Our phones have lots of sensors...like: proximity, light, tilt, acceleration, temperature (for battery)...im sure there are more

5. WalmartSecurity

I uninstalled some apps and my "Android System" dropped to about 50% under sensors, and I seemed to get a bit better battery life (about 1.5 hrs every 10% instead of barely 1).

For those of you with spare parts, could you post your "Android System" sensor readings?