• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android system using 98%!!

Surely this isn't really a problem? The % usage just shows how the system resources are divided?

If I have no apps on my phone and the screen is off, then Android would be the only resource being used so it would show 100%. If I have 9 apps working for the same amount of time in addition to Android, then each would show 10% (as an example)

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think the % is relative to other processes rather than an indication of constant use. In the OP's case, it shows that Android used 98% of all process time, not that Android was working 98% of the time.

Upvote 0
You need to give it a few hours to get a better reading. If you are using your phone then it is normal for android system to appear at the top of the list. However if the phone is idle then you would expect to see cell standby or phone idle above it.

Android system encompasses lots of different processes which other apps may require use of. For instance if I spend time playing a game such as smiley pops that will increase the battery stats for android system, presumably because the game is using screen, sound, vibration, etc.

Reactions: LECTER
Upvote 0
You need to give it a few hours to get a better reading. If you are using your phone then it is normal for android system to appear at the top of the list. However if the phone is idle then you would expect to see cell standby or phone idle above it.

Android system encompasses lots of different processes which other apps may require use of. For instance if I spend time playing a game such as smiley pops that will increase the battery stats for android system, presumably because the game is using screen, sound, vibration, etc.
Will keep you posted. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones